Mountain Development Award dead line is 30 October
Monitoring Desk : ICT for Mountain Development Award 2015 dead is set as October 30, 2015, reports Dispatch News Desk news agency.
All forms of Information Communication Technologies (mobile, radio, Internet, digital content, blogs, robotics, multimedia, etc.) relevant to mountain development and environmental conservation are eligible for submission.
The award(s) will be announced on the occasion of International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December 2015. Winners will receive prizes along with a certificate of recognition.
Submissions from the applicants will bring to light the creative potential within the ICT for Development sector. A panel of judges will select winners/awardees after an initial screening and evaluation process. Each awardee will receive a prize and a certificate of recognition.
Awards will be given based on the content and creativity of the submissions. The chief criteria is that such ICT for Development initiatives have been applied in the HKH region, have a clear focus on mountain development or mountain environment, and have made an impact on the ground. All forms of ICT (mobile, radio, Internet, digital content, blogs, robotics, multimedia, etc.) are eligible for submission.
Awards will be given in a number of categories. For this year, there will be awards in the current four thematic work areas of ICIMOD (livelihoods, water and air, ecosystem services, and geospatial solutions). There could also be other categories such as ‘audience choice award’ and/or ‘special mentions award’. While the applicants are required to choose one of the broad categories, including ‘others’, they can focus on a specific work area while making the submission, e.g., mountain agriculture, disaster management, forestry, environment, mountain tourism, open data, inclusion, etc. The same work cannot be submitted in multiple categories.
Start and Closing Dates for Submission, Award Announcement Date
Applicants will have to submit their work electronically through a web-based interface. This is a free and open call. There is no fee to enter a submission. We will accept submissions from the day we call for applications (5 June 2015, World Environment Day) till Friday, 30 October 2015. A panel of judges will select winners/awardees after an initial screening and evaluation process. The winners/awardees will be announced on International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December 2015.
Who Can Participate?
The call is open to anyone residing in any part of the world as long as the project case/work is relevant to the context of HKH. Individuals, entrepreneurs, development practitioners and institutions are all eligible to submit their work.
Submission Form and Basic Guidelines
- Kindly go through the information provided above before filling the form.
- Please ensure that the information you have provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- It is recommended that you fill in all fields.
- After filling out the form, if you want to share a presentation/video clip about your project, you can email it to email@example.com the project name.
- Irrespective of the language used in the project, all information provided must be in English.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- All entries have to be real products or solutions that have already been implemented. No drafts, demos or unfinished projects/work will be considered.
- ICIMOD, as organizer, reserves the right to reject any submission/entry without assigning any reason.
ICIMOD can be visited for online submission