Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan resolve border issues and sign border agreement

Eurasia News

Samarkand, Uzbekistan: Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan signed a border agreement on Friday (November 10, 2017), determining the “points of junction” between the countries, reports Trend News Agency.

The signing ceremony was held at sideline of international Conference “Central Asia: One Past and a Common Future, Cooperation for Sustainable Development and Mutual Prosperity” in Samarkand.

Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov and his counterparts from Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan Kairat Abdrakhmanov and Rashid Meredov signed document to decide demarcation of their borders.

Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan sign border agreement
Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan sign border agreement

Previously, the Uzbek and Kyrgyz Foreign Ministers Abdulaziz Kamilov and Erlan Abdyldaev signed the agreement on the settlement of 85 percent of the borderline, within a visit of the Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambayev to Tashkent.  The other 15 percent (217 kilometers) are expected to be settled in December 2017.