International Tourism and Investment Forum will start in Kazakhstan on October 24
From Dispatch News Desk
Shymkent, Kazakhstan: The International Tourism and Investment Forum will be held in Shymkent in the South-Kazakhstan region on October 24, 2014. This event is being organized by the administration of South-Kazakhstan region. The title of event is “Tourism future economy”. South Kazakhstan region has a great cultural heritage and is a promising tourist destination. The region attracts larger number of tourists due to the development of domestic and international tourism. The South Kazakhstan International Forum is devised to determine how to strenghthen the development of tourism in the South-Kazakhstan region and to promote Inter-regional tourism and establish stable and dynamic cooperation between the state and business sector.
The forum will discuss following important issues:
- Identification and provision of tourist potential of the region in the domestic and foreign markets;
- Discussion of current trends in MICE tourism in the South Kazakhstan Region, Kazakhstan, and on a global scale;
- Marketing towards increasing the attractiveness of the area as a popular tourist destination; both in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad;
- Preparation of proposals for the implementation of a common policy position in the promotion of tourist destinations of the South-Kazakhstan region; both for local and international tourist markets;
- Consultation sessions with the major players of the local and international tourism industry (tour operators, travel agents, representatives of the hospitality business, etc.) to identify the problems of the tourist industry and ways to resolve them;
- Collection of ideas for further development of tourism in the South Kazakhstan region; • Decision-making to promote the progress of the tourism industry and the monitoring of industry growth;
- Study of international approaches and the possibility of using them in the South Kazakhstan region;
- Research and preparation of a marketing plan, and gathering suggestions from the media;
- The search for new forms of tourism cooperation in Kazakhstan and abroad.
Participants of the event include managers and representatives of government agencies, local government offices and regions, Astana and Almaty, as well as national companies, financial institutions and development institutions of Kazakhstan while representatives of diplomatic missions and international organizations will also attend the event.