Here is a step by step guide to Install Android 10 on your Samsung 10, 10+ & S10e manually.
How to update Galaxy S10/S10 Plus to Android 10?
Samsung Galaxy S10 series has brought the good news of getting the Android 10 official update now. If you have got any phone from the S10 series, you can update it right now. Here is the tutorial to update Galaxy S10/S10 Plus to Android 10 version. This tutorial will guide you to the steps to follow in order to install official system update.
How to Update Android 10 on Galaxy S10?
The wait is over now and after months of beta testing, the final Android 10 update for the S10 phones is finally out now. Samsung has always remained a step ahead in introducing the new technology for its users and this time once again here is something new to experience for the Galaxy S10 series users. According to the updates, Samsung has released the Android 10 update for Galaxy S10E, Galaxy S10, and the Galaxy S10 Plus. The first phase will be covering up the Galaxy S10 owners in Germany via OTA. The update has been made available to the G97*F models of the S10 lineup.
The Android 10 version is focussing on new UI rather than over the new features unlike the previous versions. Samsung is updating the One UI to One UI 2.0. The new UI is advancement to the previous UI which is making it worthy to look and feel for the users in a comparatively better form.
As per the Android 10 updates, starting from the lock screen to the settings of the phone, Samsung has changed everything. The new One UI 2.0’s inspiration comes from Samsung Good Lock 2019 app. If you have used the Good Lock, you will already be familiar with most of the One UI 2.0 features.
Samsung has transformed the way features look on the screen. For instance, the company has tried to fit in more toggles in one notification panel now. Similarly, more icons/options are fit into the settings app’s menu. Moreover, Samsung has changed the UI of the camera app. From the camera symbol to the settings, everything is innovative. There is a new “More” button in the camera app which now lets you access more features of the camera.
Updating the Galaxy S10E/S10/S10 Plus to Android 10
For the people who are living in Germany, you can just go to Settings of your phone, open Software Update, and check for updates. You will get the Android 10 over-the-air. However, if you are living in some other country apart from Germany, and you don’t want to wait for OTA for your region, you can manually install the Android 10 update right now. This can be done via Odin 3.13.1. Follow these steps to update Galaxy S10/S10 Plus to Android 10 manually. You have to prepare your phone before you start flashing.
As far as the Dark Mode is concerned, it works with more apps now. It can now even make your wallpaper darker. Another change in this interface is that the wallpaper app of the phone doesn’t take you to the Galaxy Store anymore. It will keep you in the wallpapers menu only.
Samsung has also changed the way the phone app makes a call pop up at your screen when you are using any app. Now you will not feel like distracted from the activity you are engaged in while using the phone as the call pop-up doesn’t occupy the entire header of the phone.
Apart from the new One UI 2.0, the Android 10 update has brought the phone performance and battery augmentations. You will significantly feel that the performance of your phone has got better than before with this update. It has also introduced the latest security patch on the board
Guide to flash Android 10 on Galaxy S10
- This guide is for all Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus models.
- Backup your phone’s data including pictures, documents, music, WhatsApp data, contacts, call logs, and messages.
- You need the original USB Type-C of your phone for this installation.
- On your phone, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging Mode.
- Turn off your Antivirus and Firewall if you have it enabled.
- Also, turn off your Samsung Smart Switch if it was on.
What are the Requirements?
- Download Android 10 for your Galaxy S10/S10E/S10 Plus
- Extract the downloaded firmware to get AP, CP, BL, CSC, Home_CSC files.
- If you want to factory reset your phone, you will use the CSC file. If you don’t want to wipe the phone, you will use the Home_CSC file.
- Also, download Odin 3.13.1 on your Windows computer.
- If you are using Mac, download Odin for macOS from here.
Upgrading Galaxy S10 to Android 10 via Odin
Here is the step-by-step guide to upgrade Galaxy S10 to Android 10 via Odin:
- Open Odin 3.13.1 on your computer and add AP, CP, BL and CSC files.
- First of all, open Odin on your computer and in Odin, click on the AP tab and add the AP file, add the BL file to the BL tab, CP file to CP tab, Home_CSC or CSC file to the CSC tab.
- Set up options in Odin.
- In Odin, go to Options and make sure the only checked options are F.Reset.Time and Auto-Reboot. No other option should be checked.
- Boot your Galaxy S10 into the Download Mode.
- Power down your S10 phone, now press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button to boot into Recovery. As soon as you enter recovery, select “Reboot to bootloader” and press the power button.
- Connect Galaxy S10 in Download Mode to your computer.
- While your Galaxy S10 is in the Download Mode, connect it to your computer. Odin will now show “Added” in the logs.
- Click on the Start button in Odin and update!
- Make sure that all files are added, the phone is connected, click on the “Start” button in Odin. Firmware flashing will start and finish in about 10 minutes. Your phone will restart automatically once done.
What you should know?
As soon as the firmware installation gets finished, your Galaxy S10 will begin to re-install. Here you have to stay patient as the first boot can easily take up to 10-15 minutes. Moreover, disconnect the phone from the computer once it restarts. Your phone is now ready to be used with the newly installed Android 10 versions.