PSEB Offers Free IT Trainings & Certification In Pakistan
Pakistan Software Export (PSEB) has finally taken a step being appreciated by everyone. It has introduced a range of certifications and training in the IT sector for the underserved and unemployed youth of Pakistan. PSEB has introduced these courses with one intent and that is to provide youth with the relevant IT knowledge and skills that can equip them with the unwavering demand of these in the field.
Another reason to start the program is to promote freelancing, so those who are unable to secure full-time jobs in this fluctuating market can use their learned talent to work and earn from their home.
What Is The Purpose Of This Initiative?
PSEB has launched these certifications and training programs to equip the youth of today with the skills that are in demand across the world. From beginner to advanced, it aims to provide highly employable training to the youth. Moreover, with these programs, the government will be aiming to employ these talented individuals to work for them as well.
Finally, as mentioned above, the government wants to develop entrepreneurship and foster independent working skills so today’s youth of Pakistan can help compete with the gig economy of the world.
What Courses Are Being Offered?
For its first cohort, PSEB is offering the following courses to the first batch:
- Big Data
- Software Quality Insurance
- Digital Marketing
- Cyber Security
- Mean/ Full-stack development
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
What Are The Requirements?
There are no hard and fast requirements for this program, as the purpose of it is to help youth gain exposure to IT, but there are a few things that will be put into consideration:
- The application should have a competitive academic qualification in the area
- They should be Pakistani nationals only with a valid Identity Card
- The candidate’s qualification and the final year project should have relevancy to the course or training being selected for admission in
- If the candidate does not live in the cities the programs are being offered in, he or she should be responsible and willing to cover their own lodging and other expenses. PSEB won’t be responsible for that
- The training location will conduct a pre-selection test. Only those who qualify will be selected for the advanced on-location training programs
What Is The Selection Criteria?
The training is completely free of cost at the moment. There are no selection criteria either, and those who want to get the knowledge of IT can enroll themselves in these courses. The application process has to be completed before 18th February 2020 after which the applications won’t be accepted anymore. The application detailed can be accessed through http://pseb.org.pk/certification/. You will be directed to a login page, just begin by signing up for a new account.
As far as the age limit is concerned, the maximum age to apply is 28 and above that won’t be eligible for the program. The training locations are Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, and Quetta.
The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom has provided with this 100% subsidy for the unemployed and employed IT graduates.